Tuesday 1 July 2014

Oops-a-daisy!

So, quilting, sewing, all of it has been really slow the past week - and probably will be for a few weeks yet.  And typing is a long process, with many errors currently... so please be patient.

A week ago, while working on Connor's most recent quilt (with a zillion curved seams) I cut off the tip of my middle finger while using the rotary cutter to trim some blocks.  (Yes, learned to pay much closer attention).  Cut a blood vessel, and exposed a nerve.  So pain.  Pain. Pain.
It is bandaged pretty heavily.  It is also still very sore - and will be for a while.  Because it's the tip they can't stitch, just cauterize - and because it's an exposed nerve, nothing can touch the amount of pain THAT caused.  I passed out during that experience. 

Anyways, I am back to sewing (and gingerly using the rotary cutter), but I still hurt, and can only do little bits at a time.  So, I may fall even more behind.  I can't embroider at this time.  I'm not even going to try.  Or do binding past the machine level. 

So, there may be progress, but slowly.  Very slowly. 

Keep checking back for updates, I will still post at least weekly,  but may not be much of an update ;)

On that note, the frog work embroidered quilt is for sale.  As are the sibling quilts.  And the snowman applique (all are posted in the 2014 finished section).   Make an offer, and we can go from there if you are interested!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment