Wednesday 5 February 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday SUCCESS!

Okay, so I am definately going to make this a regular thing.

Todays goals were:
1. Finish piecing the spools quilt.
2. Quilt 2 placemats.
3. Embroider 1 block for Hook Line and Sinker.

Well.  I did it.
I also,
Basted the remaining 2 placemats
and quilted the remaining 2 placemats.

They just need binding now - which I have stitched together in strips, but not pressed, folded, or attached in any way.
I quilted them free motion.  First time doing free motion.  And I shake.  A fair bit.  And it comes out in my free motion...,. makes for an interesting effect.  But.  I am still happy with em, and will use them, because I think they are oh. so cute.

Here are some pics:
Month 1 block 1 of Hook Line Sinker (finished yesterday)

Month 1, Block 2, hook line sinker (also finished yesterday) 

Month 1 Block 3, hook Line, Sinker (finished today!!! ONLY one more block to go for this months BOM to be done on THIS quilt!!!)

1st 2 placemats.  Quilted free motion in loops.  Not overly impressed, but glad with my effort.  Will be bound, in black, by machine, later this week.

Placemat 3, and 4, done with just a meander.  More happy.  Will be bound in black, by machine, later this week. 
 
 
Tomorrow, maybe I will get the last Hook Line Sinker block done for this month!!  Then on to the Gingerbread block (hoping to get 2 done of them for this month....).  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment